Conducting Various Tests to Measure our Products’ Effectiveness
Our Functionality Assessment Division implements a variety of product validation tests to ensure we provide our customers with products backed by scientific evidence (Evidence Based Cosmetics – EBC).
These tests include 3-dimensional cultured skin models (reproduced from human cells and skin) that evaluate products at the cellular level as well as observations of actual use by human test subjects.
From these tests, we collect an array of data to validate product functionality and show whether a product matches the concept and characteristics of its formulation.
Our goal is to create products that provide added value to the user and guarantee their satisfaction during use.
'In vitro' test
- ・Test of human dermal fibroblasts / human epidermal keratinocytes activation
- ・Test of suppression on melanogenesis
- ・Test of suppression on pigmentation at reconstructed human skin model
- ・Test of promoting collagen production at human corium fibroblasts
- ・Test of inhibition on MMP-1 activity
- ・Test of acceleration on hyaluronic acid production
- ・Test of protection against oxidative stress (UV and ROS)
- ・Test of skin permeation using reconstructed skin model
'In vivo' test
- ・Evaluation of water content in stratum corneum and transepidermal water loss using moisture meter and atmometer
- ・Evaluation of overall effect using facial diagnostic imaging apparatus
- ・Evaluation of suppression on pigmentation using spectrophotometer
- ・Evaluation of wrinkle amelioration by 3-dimensional skin analysis system
- ・Evaluation of hair and skin using microscope
- ・Evaluation of stratum corneum by image analysis
- ・Evaluation of cleansing efficacy of cosmetics remover and detergent